Monday 15 April 2013

Delight of the day: Kukicha

I recently have got a new Japanese - style kettle and cups and I was so eager to use them! I and my hubby love trying various types of teas. He likes particularly Indian spiced tea while I prefer light ones. However, infusing tea leaves such a pleasant scent in your room, doesn't it?

Today I'd like to introduce you a particular green tea called "kukicha"; a Japanese blend made of stems, stalks and twigs. Kukicha has a unique flavour and aroma among teas, due to its being composed of parts of tea plants that are excluded from most other teas. It's mild and slightly sweet. It's recommended to steep into hot water at around 80 °c for 8 - 10 minutes. Kukicha is special because it's naturally very low in caffeine without any industrial decaffeination (because of the very long drying process) and for this reason, it's also suitable for kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are precious to me ❤