Tuesday 24 January 2012

Waffles...and my first green-tea flavoured whipped cream!

First of all, who has known that yesterday (23 Jan.) was the Chinese New Year's Day?? The Chinese new year starts with the new moon on the first day of the year. This year is the year of Dragon, according to the Chinese calendar! (Last year it was rabbit year) The Chineses believe that Dragon (my Chinese Zodiac sign) is the symbol of power and prosperity, so we should expect a better year. Well, there's no bad point expecting a better year, so why don't we do so?

This's the prediction of the year 2012:
"Expect this to be a very energetic year, filled with optimism, power and entrepreneurship. This year is of water dragon which means that even the most powerful will give a patient hearing to the weaker, and will try to see through their point of view, better alliances and decision will take place."

Now let's talk about my waffles!!! I mentioned in a post in December that I got a waffle maker. Then I've used it a couple of times. Last Saturday my son asked if I could make some waffles again...and they were done!! :) He loves them with chocolate chips. Guess what came into my mind about a matching topping! One of my friend brought me a sachet of green tea powder when she came to visit me. A green-tea flavoured whipped cream sounds great on top of waffles! You know, I never made fresh whipped cream before. The result was; the taste was incredibly good...but please don't give importance to the aspect...ahahaha!! As in the picture below, it had an ugly shape. I may be going to buy a right tool to shape a beautiful whipped cream topping.

And now...I'm proud to present my home-made Waffles (with chocolate chips assortment) and my very first Green - Tea flavoured Whipped Cream!


To do the waffles, I followed the recipe of Two Good Eggs (a breakfast blog), a nice and creative  breakfast blog I'm following. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients for waffles:
1 1/2 - cups flour
4 - teaspoons baking powder
1/2 - teaspoon salt
3 - teaspoons sugar
2 - eggs (separate yolks from whites)
1/2 - cup butter (melted and cooled)
1 3/4 cups whole milk

Directions:
1. In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
2. In a small bowl or cup mix yolks, butter and milk together then pour into dry mixture. Mix well to combine.
3. Take the whites of the eggs and whisk them into stiff peaks.
4. Then fold the stiff whites into batter. Mix to combine.
5. Take a laddle and a half and pour into your waffle iron and press. Should take about 5 min. to become fully cooked and golden.

Let's move on to my green-tea flavoured whipped cream!
(I'm sure all of you are better than me whipping the cream.)

I left the bowl and the beater in the fridge before using as suggested in some websites. I poured 1 cup of whipping cream into the bowl, whisked it quickly until obtaining bubbles. Then I added 1/4 cup of white sugar (should reduce a little bit if you don't want it too sweet as I did), continued beating quicklier and after some minutes I added 1 teaspoon of green tea powder and continued working until I got a well whipped cream!

You should believe, it was superb!!!

4 comments:

  1. e ci credo...davvero molto invitante, complimenti per questi waffles, immagino che Dylan li abbia assaggiati anche con la nutella....Bellissima la tua foto!! baci

    ReplyDelete
  2. carissima, io adoro i waffles! quanto mi piacerebbe assaggiare quella panna montata al the verde...mi ricordo dei dolci meravigliosi a base di matcha in Giappone...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elena: grazie per i complimenti! Non ha avuto la possibilità di spalmare la nutella sui waffle perché non la teniamo in casa! La nutella è permessa solo alcune occasioni ;P Cmq, con le gocce di cioccolato dentro sono già ottimi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cannella Impazzita: ti giuro, sai assaggi una volta la panna montata al the verde non ce la farai più senza ;) Io adoro tutto al gusto the verde...il gelato, la torta, ecc. Ho visto che siete tornati, vi farò visita presto ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are precious to me ❤